Season of Lent
The Season of Lent approaches, and with it an opportunity to reflect on the state of our soul and how the Lord can help us become more like Jesus. Although COVID’s impact is diminishing in Southern Utah, there is still reason to maintain a spirit of caution for a little while longer. Our Ash Wednesday worship will reflect our commitment to the worship experience and safety as such.
I will be posting a video devotion on Tuesday about the need for Lent and some encouragement as we enter the season. I am hoping that everyone will catch the video and then come to our Imposition Gatherings at noon and 6 pm. There will be no liturgy; simply an opportunity to come, spend a few quite moments in prayer, light a candle and receive the imposition of ashes. Once you have received your ashes, head out the side door of the sanctuary and begin your Lenten discipline.
So, to recount our process…..
- Watch the video devotion.
- For all who would like to have ashes imposed, come to the church at noon or 6 pm.
- Spend a few moments in prayer, for the church, for your loved ones, for our leaders, for yourself.
- Come forward, light a candle to remember that Jesus is the Lord of both life and death.
- Receive the imposition of ashes and head out to begin your Lenten experience.
Join us next Wednesday, February 17th and together we will receive the vivid reminder of our need to rely upon God completely for all we need, and in all we do.